PONANT, the only French-owned cruise line offers expedition cruises to the polar regionsand has opened bookings for more than 22 departures to the Antarctic for the 2019-2020 Winter season, last week. The programme shows a selection of five different itineraries to discover the White Continent, including one brand new one.
From November 2019 to March 2020, during summer in the Southern Hemisphere, PONANT will be offering 22 cruises aboard four luxurious ships: L’Austral, Le Boréal, Le Lyrial and Le Soléal. The cruise line offers passengers the opportunity to discover extraordinary landscapes and experience a unique adventure in these uninhabited lands, sailing in the wake of the great explorers.
What’s new this season:
In addition to emblematic itineraries, PONANT is drawing on more than 20 years of experience in the polar regions to introduce wonderful new offerings for this new season:
- On The Antarctic Odyssey, a brand-new itinerary, Le Lyrial will be sailing to the South Orkney Islands, a resurgence of the Andean Cordillera. The islands are more than 85% glaciated and are home to leopard seals and numerous penguin species.
- For this new season it is not just one but three expeditions that will be taking passengers beyond the polar circle, at latitude 66° 33’ 39’’ South.
- For increased convenience and peace of mind, a new premium package is available for all cruises departing from Ushuaia. It includes an overnight stay in the luxurious Arakur Resort, as well as an excursion to Tierra del Fuego National Park.
Responsible luxury expeditions:
Aboard superb small-capacity vessels specially designed for expeditions, PONANT guests are able to access the most remote parts of the globe in unrivalled comfort and service. The expedition cruises to the polar regions provide many opportunities for landings in Zodiac® dinghies with expert naturalist-guides, in order to get as close as possible to the unspoiled natural surroundings, always with the utmost respect for the environment.
With more than 20 years’ experience in these remote regions, PONANT considers environment protection to be one of its highest priorities. The cruise line carefully considers its itineraries, educates passengers and crew, and is an executive member of the IAATO (the International Association of Antarctic Tour Operators). The mission of the IAATO is to promote responsible tourism in the Antarctic.
Five reasons to sail to the Antarctic aboard a PONANT ship:
- Experience a unique adventure in the wake of Jean-Baptiste Charcot, Adrien de Gerlache and Sir Ernest Shackleton, great explorers of these uninhabited lands.
- Discover exceptional landscapes in incredible settings: glaciers, icebergs, ice floes, mountain chains … And encounter exceptional wildlife: whales, seals, penguins, fur seals, albatrosses and other seabirds.
- Travel in total comfort: staterooms facing the sea, most of them with a private balcony; gourmet dinners created by Ducasse Conseil and paired with a selection of fine wines…
- Set off in total peace of mind on board a fleet of four ships designed and certified for extreme regions, a company that has 20 years of experience in the polar regions, and more than 100 expert naturalist-guides.
- Benefit from an all-inclusive price: flights to/from Buenos Aires selected by PONANT, transfers, full board, open bar and minibar on board, all lectures and Zodiac® landings with an experienced team of naturalist-guides.
For more information or to book, visit www.ponant.com or call 0800 980 4027