Sail along the Mekong on the elegant Colonial-style RV Mekong Pandaw and take small boats (sampans) into floating markets and villages on Saga’s river cruise through Vietnam and Cambodia.
The leisurely Voyage on the Mekong river cruise also combines the opportunity to explore thriving cities by ‘topping and tailing’ the holiday with hotel stays in Ho Chi Minh City and Siem Reap, the gateway to the ancient city of Angkor Thom.
With the elegant curved lines of an old-fashioned paddle steamer, RV Mekong Pandaw offers luxurious and intimate river cruising with 24 spacious staterooms and 24 crew!
A welcome party gets the cruise off to a sociable start and throughout the sailing there is a range of cultural entertainment from apsara dancing to shadow puppets.
Mekong Pandaw’s lounge and cabins are air-conditioned and on-board facilities include a spa, fitness centre, library and cinema. At dinner, complimentary local beers, spirits and soft drinks are served.
The 14-night holiday price includes these excursions:
- Tour of Ho Chi Minh City
- A visit to the medieval Khmer temple of Nokor Bachey
- A sampan ride through Cai Be floating market
- Visit to the village of Angkor Ban
- A tour of the Choeung Ek killing fields
- Phnom Penh city tour by ‘cyclo’
- A sampan ride to Evergreen Island for a walking tour
- The Colonial town of Sa Dec
- Angkor Wat, the world’s largest religious monument
Guests can also extend the holiday for seven nights at the all-inclusive beachside Furama Resort Danang (5Q) in Vietnam, with two included excursions.