Windstar Cruises announces plans to sail to Alaska in spring/summer 2018.
Windstar’s Alaska beckons guests to slow down over leisurely journeys. With voyages starting at 11 days, there is ample time for scenic cruising in both Canada’s and Alaska’s famed inside passages – where guests can look for orcas, bears, and bald eagles from the comfort of their elegant ship. Guests can enjoy a cup of cocoa on deck as they sail through Misty Fjords National Monument and Kenai Fjords National Park, experiences usually booked via a shore excursion because the “big ships” just don’t go there.
Each Windstar Alaska itinerary includes sailing through Tracy Arm Fjord – so close that noise of the ice breaking and falling into the water during glacier calving will surprise you. Enthusiastic park rangers, scientists, glaciologists, geologists, and other experts will be aboard each cruise to provide education, perspective, one-on-one discussions, and ample opportunities for individual discovery in America’s “last frontier.”
Highlights of Windstar’s inaugural Alaska season with the 212-guest Star Legend yacht include:
- Every cruise features Tracy Arm and Misty Fjords.
- Optional up-close and personal kayaking and scenic cruising by Zodiac directly from the ship.
- Full destination immersion with 7 to 8 Southeast Alaska and British Columbia ports each cruise.
- Due to the small size of the ship, Star Legend will sail right into Misty Fjords and Kenai Fjords.
- Multiple glacier experiences on northbound/southbound sailings featuring Mendenhall Glacier, Tracy Arm, and Kenai Fjords.
- Longer itineraries of 11- to 14-days let the yacht move slower and get closer to shore exploring more off the usual charted course.
- Naturalist/Expedition Leaders on all voyages who will customize the experience for guests along with speakers from Native American tribes.
For additional information on private yacht-style cruising with Windstar, contact a travel professional or Windstar Cruises by phone at 877-958-7718, or visit www.windstarcruises.com.